Monday, November 16, 2009
Take a good look at these pictures. These woman are the very reason I am here today. They are the most hard working, dedicated, stalwart, loving, kind, forgiving (some may not agree) and humorous woman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I met the majority of them about 7 years ago. These woman have dedicated so much of their lives to the things in life that mean so very much. They are passionate about all that they do. The things they believe in, they do with so much of their heart and soul that others may take it as an obsession.
There have been a lot of bumps in the road over the last few years, but the only constant is that I know that they are there for me, and each other, all the time. We have each made mistakes, we are human. We have learned from them and hope that we do better next time.
Some were at one time part of a board of directors and could not enjoy the pleasure of our company. They since have stepped down. I am so glad, because life just wasn't the same without being able to have them be a part of so many wonderful experiences.....
I think everyone needs friends like these. Those of you who don't, I am sorry. I don't think life would be complete without them. I love my family but these woman complete me. They are like sisters. I feel a strong bond with them. I love their kids like my nieces and nephews, and we plan which kids will marry each other. Tee-hee :-)
A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world- Leo Buscaglia
Lucky for me I have 7 amazing people in my world. What a beautiful garden they make.
I can't begin to tell you how much I was dreading the"big birthday party". Back in the day, I loved doing parties but the older I have become, and the more children I accumulate, the less I have enjoyed it. So, I just wasn't at all looking forward to the stress of a birthday party.
To my surprise, it was a lot of fun. Brady invited all 30 kids in his class, and out of 30, 16 showed up. They were happy and excited and very well behaved. Lucky for me, a few parents stuck around to keep an eye on all those little ones, since we were having it at our neighborhood pool house. Brady had a fantastic time and felt very special since so many of his friends came. Also, he must be quite the ladies man......there were more girls than boys that night.
I would also like to give a shout out to my good friend Viki for making a special football cake just for Brady.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Brady Matthew Porter turned eight on November 2nd. Here are eight reasons to Love him.
- He will try anything and go anywhere. He is very adventurous. That would explain why he could ride a scooter at eighteen months and run circles around a ten year old with it. He could jump on a tramp at 14 months and he also decided to go on an adventure when he was about 20 months down Ammon Road, with the dog.
- His smile will light up a room. You can’t help but smile when he smiles.
- He has the most beautiful blue eyes just like my Mom. When I look at them, I see her.
- He love people. When he meets someone they are him instant best friend He and Tyler's room-mates family wrapped around his finger in a matter of minutes.
- He LOVES sports. Not watching....playing
- He’s really cute and he know it whenever I tell him he’s cute, he says, “I know”. In a very matter of fact way.
- He loves to snuggle with me. Even on our ride coming home from Florida, he would reach up from the back seat and just want to hold my hand. He’s a very loving and caring boy.
- He was soooo excited to be baptized. We had the Missionaries over to teach him the discussions before we went on vacation. He was so attentive. He remembered the lessons he was taught and when we went to interview with the Bishop he attempted to tell him all the different things he learned. I think he thought it was a pass or fail test.