Monday, January 25, 2010

Blessings


The Lord has a funny way of reminding us just how strong we truly are.....He gives us a trial to conquer.
As I sit here and reflect on all the things I have read lately on the blessings in peoples lives I couldn't help but think of the many blessings I have in mine. I have friends who are out of work and on the edge of financial ruin. others that are struggling with rebellous teens, others that are facing trials in their marriages. I couldn't help but look back over this last year and remember all the blessing that have come our way.
Believe me, we haven't always been at the head of the line when the blessings were being divied up, so I just want to make sure that I acknowledge it when they are coming my way.
I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven. I know that he loves me and watches over me. I know that I have never had a trial that I couldn't overcome. I just have to remember to ask what I need to learn with the one that has been given me. I have learned so many things in life from the trials I have been given.
Be grateful for parents....Even when they are not perfect, they love you more than they can epress.
Husbands are a just big kids. If we remember that and treat them special like we would if they were our kids (ok not in any incestual way) I think they would turn the world upside down for us. Sometimes I think we forget they are really sensitive under all that testosterone.
I was talking to a lady (BTW...Landon thought I was really weird because I had a complete conversation with her while we waited for our boys to try on dress pants at JC Penney. And she was a complete stranger) who has adopted all her children from various countries. I thought to my self how lucky I was to have been able to give birth to my beautiful kids, and then it dawned on me that she probably felt so blessed for just being able to be a mother. I believe that the Lord loves his daughters more because he let us be the mothers....LOL
We have a beautiful Country. We were so lucky to drive across it and see all the beauty it has to offer. Wow, it was breathtaking.
We are living in a time with such luxury. It bothers us if we have to get up to do something with the TV. I've been completely put out this week because of my dishwasher being broke down. UUUGGGHHH, dishes by hand.
The blessings are too numerous to count.
Brittain came up to me today and said, "Mom, I just hate my life sometimes." I said to him, "Are you buried under a pile of rock, praying that someone will find you before you die?" He said, "no". My response was, "then don't ever let me catch you saying that again."
I think in the wake of all the major catastrophies we have seen over the past decade, we should always remember to count our blessings." And be thankful for "our" trials.
No matter how small be thankful for the things that help mold us into the people we are.
“May your days be many and your troubles be few. May all God's blessings descend upon you. May peace be within you may your heart be strong. May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam.”

Irish Blessings quotes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice job, Terri. That was a great post. You are one of those blessings in many other lives as well. Don't forget that!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 6 kids. My oldest has just left for college and my youngest started kindergarten this year. Life couldn't be sweeter. My husband and I have been married for 20 years...wow did I really say that...ok I'm old.