Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reflections Back
As this day has been quickly approaching I have been a little surprised by my feelings that come with it. As you all know I am not the mother who sat weeping on the couch as my Kindergartner took his first steps on to the school bus, afraid that he didn’t need me anymore, that his attachment to me wasn’t as strong as it once was. Rather, I was the mom who invited all her friends over to celebrate the slight bit of freedom, I would get for 2 1/2 hours a day. I thought I would be doing the same as he takes his first steps alone out into the real world.
However, this day has filled me with so much apprehension that it kind of scares me to think of the attachment that I have grown to him. “He doesn’t need me anymore.” I know he does, especially when the funds are growing low. But, he doesn’t “need” me anymore.
I have been fortunate to have raised such a bright, honest, responsible, respectful and productive young man. He has exceeded any expectations that I could have hoped for. I am so proud to be his mom. I wish you could have all been with me this day to “celebrate” this slight bit of freedom.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 6 kids. My oldest has just left for college and my youngest started kindergarten this year. Life couldn't be sweeter. My husband and I have been married for 20 years...wow did I really say that...ok I'm old.