Thursday, August 13, 2009
20 Reasons I Love Tyler
1. Wow, he's 6' 5"!
2. He's so handsome.
3. He's wise beyond his years. I sometimes wonder who should be the parent.
4. He let me work out the kinks on him.
5. He has a beautiful smile.
6. Tyler is a great older brother.
7. He has an eye for beauty.
8. He is not influenced by others. He holds firm to the truth.
9. He is a great and loyal friend.
10. Tyler has always had the ability to see the reality of who a person truly is. If they are unkind or an unsavory person, or not of high character than they are not the type of person he wants to be around.
11. He calls people on their crap. Even me sometimes.
12. He's forgiving.
13. He is full of life and energy. He was never a hyper kid but never one to sit around and waste a good day on a video game.
14. He stands his ground when he needs to, but will bend and adapt when necessary.
15. His tolerance for ignorance is limited. (I had to put this because he's like me in this way)
16. He honors his parents.
17. He has the spirit of a giant, but with much humility.
18. He is soooo compassionate. I remember when he was about in 4th grade, the boy next door kept getting bullied. the neighbor boy out-weighed Ty by about 50 pounds, but was very timid. This bully kept coming behind the neighbor boy and ramming into him with his bike. So Tyler stood in front of him and told him to knock it off. The bully said, "what are you going to do?" So Ty leaned over and knocked him down and said, "you need to stop being a jerk.....got it?" The kid stopped picking on the neighbor after that.
He also wants to do many things to help the people of the world who are suffering. He wants to make documentaries, about the plight of the people in Uganda, serve in the Peace Corp or do some kind of volunteer work to help others. I'm sure he has many other ideas of how to help people.
19. He loves me, even though I was pretty hard on him as a kid.
20. Tyler is an amazing human being. If he weren't my kid, (oh yeah, he's not a kid anymore) I would still want to be his friend. He makes our family complete and we all love him so very much.
HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY TY!