Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Baby Is Growing Up






Every time I turn around I feel like my kids are getting older and older. Lately it seems as though time is moving at an alarming rate. Brady is my baby and it seems like just yesterday that he was born. I remember so clearly the day he came into the world and everyone gathered around my bed wanting to see the baby. He was so big and perfect. Sydney wanted to name him Brad not Brady. I wasn't going for it.
He is going to be eight next month and will be getting baptized. I can't imagine where the time went.....Wow all of my children baptized. No more baptisms to plan, that just seems so surreal.
I feel as though I missed out on him being two and three because I was so involved in getting the charter school up and going. I think we were in meetings at least two nights a week. I am sad that I didn't have the time to read to him like I did the other kids.
I'm going to miss Brady wanting to come in and snuggle in my bed (fortunately he still enjoys his Mommy time). He is such a love, he is always ready with a hug and kiss when he sees me. I didn't think I would ever say this but....... I really miss having little kids around. I miss their soft little feet and there squishy little hands, and their belly laughs. I miss hearing them squeal when you tickle them, and them coming to you for a kiss when they get a boo-boo. I miss going to preschool activities and watching them sing all the cute songs that Ms. Jeanne taught them.
So here is the day I thought would never come. The day I say how sad I am that my babies are growing up.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That post made me want to cry! Even though I have a newborn, I get offended everytime I look at my kids and they have grown up without my permission! Rude!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 6 kids. My oldest has just left for college and my youngest started kindergarten this year. Life couldn't be sweeter. My husband and I have been married for 20 years...wow did I really say that...ok I'm old.