Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tennis

So those of you who know me, know that I am a tennis nut. Like take today for example. I played at 9:15 again at 6:00 and then 7:15. I play on average of 5 times a week. I love it when I get on the court, I think of nothing else. I can have a really crappy day, but then when I get out there all I focus on is playing the game. This past year I had a great run, my mixed doubles team made it to districts and won and then in July we went to Boulder Colorado and took second. I was feeling really confident in my game and was starting to feel like I could do what I wanted when I wanted. THEN in November I got moved up. My rating went from 3.0 to 3.5, it's like starting over. The ball comes faster and harder and no matter how many times you get it over it seems as though the other team always gets it over one more time.
I guess the reason I really like tennis is....there is always a way to improve....there is always something you can work on and there is always someone you can beat and someone who can beat you.
I have been working on a few things and tonight I went to a lesson. My instructor (who is sogood for my ego) showed me what I am doing wrong, it was like a light bulb going on......wow, I get it. All of a sudden I was doing it. Now I have one more thing to work on and master. Serve...move in...split step...follow the ball....and return the ball. See easy...no problem. I will go back on Monday and work on one more thing and then next week I will learn something else or I will improve on one more technique and someday (or maybe not) I will feel comfortable at 3.5 . About that time I will get moved up to 4.0.

1 comment:

Megan said...

love the new look! See, you don't need me to show you what to do!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 6 kids. My oldest has just left for college and my youngest started kindergarten this year. Life couldn't be sweeter. My husband and I have been married for 20 years...wow did I really say that...ok I'm old.